Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cyd the snake charmer

So, there we were, playing in Cydney's backyard. The kids were having a great time and Cydney and I were visiting when I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. I turned around and there was a HUGE snake coiled up next to the steps leading up to the deck. I freaked. I called all the kids to run inside and then started to usher them in, with me close behind. Then I turned, Cydney was as calm as I had ever seen her. She said, "There you are!" Then turned to me and said, "I have been trying to catch that snake for a week now...he keeps getting away from me." I thought, "Wow, this from the girl who can't kill a spider...that is amazing".

Anyway, she went ahead and caught the snake in a burlap sack and became the hero of little children and their mothers everywhere....at least that is the dream I remembered when I woke up this morning. Weird.

4 comments:

the meyersons said...

I was gonna say...this doesn't compute. Still, I wish she would go ahead and grow some ca hones so if I ever get a snake in my yard, she'd come and get it. I'd have to move if she didn't.

CYD said...

THAT just confused the heck out of me. I was sitting here half-listening to Phil talk and trying to read this thinking all along-when was Kristin here last w/ her kids? Why has it taken her so long to post about it? And when the freak did I see a snake here? THEN I got to the dream part and started to crack up. What a weird dream!!! i loved that it made me look like a superhero however. Thanks for always thinking the best of me!!
Cydney the snake charmer saves the world!!!

Sherwoods said...

Wow, I was all proud of Cyd there for a minute and wondering why she didn't post about it herself. What do you drink before you go to bed?

Julie said...

i love that she just happened to have a burlap sack- I mean who doesn't have a stash of those on hand these days?!