I pitched a tent in a trailer park this weekend, and paid for it (my wife just informed me that this sentence can be interpreted in two ways). Read it as "I went camping this weekend in an advertised "campground", but it wasn't what I expected. It was a great time though.
Some observations from my NJ camping experience:
1) Trailer parks and campgrounds mean the same thing to a lot of people in NJ.
2) There is an additional cost to your site if you have a full set of teeth.
3) Be skeptical if the minimum number of nights you can camp is 14 (but they'll cut you a deal).
4) People water the lawn in their camping area. Bring the hose and fertilizer!
5) The campground has a water park that you can use for no additional cost. Just chase the ducks off it first.
This was a blast, and made for good blogging material. Here is representative picture of the area. Note the lights in the background of the "tents" next to us. It was Christmas in August.