Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Naming this baby

The most common question that I get asked these days (after "is it a boy or girl?" to which I have no answer) is "Do you have a name picked out yet?" The answer, my friends, is no. We have read lots of lists of baby names, looked through old yearbooks, and even reworked the spellings of our own names (not really...although baby Nitsirk or baby Ttam do have a certain ring to them).

So, last night we asked Mason what we should name the baby. A couple of months ago his answer was 'Daddy'. When we asked him how we would tell the difference between the two 'Daddies' he said, "Silly mommy, our daddy will be big and the baby daddy will be small!" Quite the logic for a four year old. Apparently, he has changed his mind and would now like the baby to be named, 'Ninja Turtle'. And from this point forward, baby Lyman #3 shall now be referred to as 'Ninja Turtle'. And hopefully by the time little Ninja makes an appearance, we will have chosen something slightly more appropriate. All reasonable suggestions will be considered. (That means 'Simon' is a NO GO!)

6 comments:

Julie said...

Ninja is good and luckily it works whether it is a boy or a girl.

Anya said...

The top names in New Jersey in 2006were Isabella and Michael..... so I wouldn't go with those. I checked the social security website.
Noah wants you to name the baby Slippery Pete.

Cassie Simonton said...

Hey do you know what your having yet? Sorry I know so annoying righ? Thanks for the PB Cookie recipe, the look delish!!! Maybe you should name your 3rd COOKIE? Think about it, everybody loves Cookies!

the meyersons said...

What's a Ninja's favorite thing to drink??

WATAAAAAAAA.

That was for Mason.

pinksuedeshoe said...

Some awesome ones are: Tu Morrow, Pilot Inspektor, Audio Science, Rocket, Rebel, Racer, Rogue and Rhiannon Rodriguez, Moxie Crimefighter, Moon Unit, Jermajesty, Diva Thin Muffin, Sage Moonblood (yes, that is her middle name)

You probably thought these were band names, but these were on a list I found of terrible baby names of the stars. Check it out.

http://www.celebritybabies.info/index.php/category/baby-names/

Mumsy said...

ha, ha

We get the same thing from everyone--and I'm not even as far into my pregnancy yet. Ugh. I can't stop thinking about baby names. When we watch a movie, I'm checking out the names in the credits. Same thing when I read a new book.

We are going to develop a list of fake names for our family to stew over. I think I'm more excited about than anything else. We've come up with some really good ones.