Thursday, October 23, 2008

Slowing things down

Day 7: Monday we all slept in a little and Ollie played hooky from school. We walked Mason to the bus stop and then jumped in the car to meet him at school for his Walk for the Red Cross. He raised $35 to donate to the cause, and then walked 1 mile with his class (and us).

Day 8: We were REALLY missing Matt by now and I was pretty tired. We tried to get back to our regular routine of school, play, rest, play, eat, play, bed.

Day 9: I was wondering how on earth I was going to survive without Matt for two more days. In fact, I was on the phone wondering it out loud to Amy, when the other line beeped. It was Matt. He was in the car, on his way home. A day early. My prayers were answered :)
Matt pulled in around 2:30pm. By 2:35, I was fast asleep in my bed, recovering from a very fun, long week!

No comments: